This post is a bit late but can I still start it out by saying Happy Memorial Day!
I had made this recipe because I was jealous that my boyfriend got to eat some classic American salads you’d have at a BBQ such as potato salad and macaroni salad. I may have indulged due to the holiday and all but since I am on the Lurong Summer Challenge it just wasn’t an option! It had to be that creamy goodness that accompanies BBQ so well! And the faux-tato salad was born…
Faux-Tato Salad (Paleo ‘Potato’ Salad)
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped small
- 1/2 turnip, peeled and chopped small
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped small
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped small
- 2 slices of bacon, crumbled
- Small amount of oil for roasting
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup extra light tasting olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Roast cauliflower at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Pieces should be fork tender and lightly browned on top.
While cauliflower is roasting chop all your other veggies into small salad-sized pieces
For the dressing add all ingredients to a mason jar or another wide mouth jar and use a stick blender to turn it into the consistency of mayo
When cauliflower is done combine all ingredients. Add the mayo to desired creaminess. I only used half of the mixture and saved the rest for later.